When your challenge is to provide clear, safe roadways on a limited budget, get the most for your money by looking to the ice control solutions at Heffron Services. We offer several products that are proven performers in even the most challenging weather conditions. Our quick delivery times will ensure you always have the product you need to battle the winter weather.
Highest Quality, Economical Anti-Icing Liquid
FreezGard® Liquid Magnesium Chloride has superior melting capability and advanced corrosion inhibitors to make it one of the highest quality, most economical Ice Control Solutions on the market. Transportation departments across the country trust FreezGard to successfully combat the impact of even the toughest winter storms.
Treat your roads before the snow event hits to prevent the snow and ice bond to the pavement. An effective Ice Control Solution can save up to 30% on your total de-icing budget.
Superior De-Icing Performance in Cold Temperatures
As a pre-wetting agent, FreezGard creates a brine mixture that activates the road salt for faster melting and extends its melting temperatures. FreezGard performs down to -15 degrees F and is easy to store in winter because it will remain a liquid even at these subzero levels.
- Made from 100% natural minerals from the Great Salt Lake, FreezGard has minimal environmental impact when applied properly.
- FreezGard reduces the need for sand and gravel, and its associated spring cleanup and potential impact on lakes and streams.
- FreezGard is safer for the environment because its chloride content is much lower than competitive products – even baking soda.
- Iowa State University studies show that using magnesium chloride products like FreezGard resulted in less turf grass damage than all other ice melters when applied in equal amounts.
Safe for Roads and Infrastructure
- FreezGard CI Plus reduces the effects of corrosion on equipment and rebar by over 85% from regular sodium chloride.
- Meets the specifications of the Pacific Northwest Snowfighters (PNS) for corrosion, metals, nitrogen, BOD, COD, biological toxicity and pavement frictional analysis.
- Proven in Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP) studies to provide an overall reduction in damage from racking, scaling and spalling of concrete surfaces.
- Safe for use on aerated concrete – decreasing damage to the road surface.
FreezGard® Zero Product Data Sheet
FreezGard® CI Plus Product Data Sheet
FreezGard® is a Registered Trademark of Compass Minerals.